Thursday 17 November 2011

Farm Stay AGM and Bradley Burn Farm Shop!!


After our big night out on Monday it was soon 6am and I was up and off to the Farm Stay UK AGM which this year was held at Slaley Hall near Hexham in Northumberland. Unfortunately Ive not been to the last couple of AGM's so it was a great chance to catch up with the many friends I made around the UK during my time on the Farm Stay Board of Directors. We had a lot of laughs, an awful lot of food and I wouldnt have missed it for anything.
After a fab breakfast yesterday morning I set off for home. I headed over the moors into Weardale and went along to Wolsingham to visit Bradley Burn Farm Shop. This is the brainchild of the Stephenson family and is run by Christopher and his wife Jill. Christophers Mum Judith was on the Board of FS UK with me and we sat in their wonderful restaurant ,within the shop, and talked for ages. We started off with coffee but were still talking at lunchtime so we had really tasty homemade soup and the most delicious cheese scones Ive ever had!!
If you ever find yourself in Weardale go and have a look in the shop. Its packed with local and regional food and theres a big map on the wall with pins in denoting each of their suppliers locations. They even had Mackenzies of Blubberhouses Bacon!!

1 comment: