Saturday 27 November 2010

How to keep warm! Not....



Last night we had some snow showers, the scenery this morning was beautiful. The day has been bitterly cold but with the most brilliant of blue skies and sunshine. As Ive got a busy weekend with guests Ive been busy outside chopping logs and filling coal buckets for the fires and whilst out there I could hear voices. At first I thought it was the people here taking part in the Sheep dog trial but I then realised it was coming from the direction of the river. So I went for a walk with my camera and there , with the River Washburn in full spate, were the canoeists!! Can you just imagine how cold the water must be?? I though it was bad enough for those watching the dogs but at least they can sit in their vehicles with flasks of hot tea and packed lunches!!
However I decided of all of them I was probably the warmest having been walking but then I came back inside to the roaring fires and my own brew of hot tea. Lovely.

2 comments:

  1. Its the River Washburn here in Blubberhouses. Ive re-edited the post to say this. Thanks for asking!!

    ReplyDelete