Thursday 2 December 2010

Mackenzies Smokehouse



I think Im going stir crazy!! All this snow means my car hasnt moved now for 4 days, which is unheard of!!.This afternoon though the sun came out and I decided I would go for a walk.
I set off through the land and went to see the cattle on the edge of the moor who were all busy eating the silage Chris had taken for them. I then wandered up the hill towards the road, in some areas this proved to be a mistake as the snow was above the tops of my wellies!!.
When I got to the road I went to Mackenzies Smokehouse. Their shop is just wonderful and the choice and quality of food is exceptional. Its great to have it as a local store.
I bought some of their home cured Bacon for breakfast tomorrow and some eggs as Ive promised Chris Yorkshire Puddings for tea, along with Roast Beef from our own farm, and as our hens are on a winter go slow I didnt want to have to go back on my word.
The shop is all dressed for Christmas and looking really good and mouth watering. Im meeting friends there for lunch in the Restaurant next thursday and can't wait.
On the way back I met one of Mackenzies neighbours!! This Highland cow was trying to get a drink of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment