Wednesday 2 June 2010

Walking in Fewston


Day two in Blog land!!Today has been gloriously sunny here in Blubberhouses, well in most places in the UK I think but as Ive only been here, and most of the day has been in either the Laundry or the office I cant comment!!
My friend Daphne rescued me at 4pm and we went for a lovely walk, going from here along the land behind the Hopper Lane Hotel, crossing the A59, and then going down towards Fewston Reservoir. We passed through the woods, the Bluebells are beautiful at the moment, and then we passed through a gap in the wall and the picture is the view that greeted us. It was spectacular. We then walked the path back along the waters edge and back home. Absolutely exhausting in the heat but it was great to be out there and smell the countryside.

The first thing I did when I got back was to check on Elsie, one of our hens, who has been sitting on some eggs for three weeks now. Im keeping everything crossed for them to hatch out tomorrow. Shes sitting on 7 eggs now as one got broken but we dont know when. So Ill keep you posted and let you know how they get on, all being well it should be tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment