Wednesday 9 July 2014

Deirdre Hen has a traumatic time!!


Poor Dierdre has had a tough time. Back in lambing time for some reason the other hens all started picking on her. They pecked all her head and there was lots of blood etc and she was terrified of them. So I brought her away from them and she has been living in thelambing shed quite happily. However a friend said to me that one of her hens had this probem and a poultry breeder told her to rub the hen with curry powder and all would be well!! Something to do with the change of smell I guess. Anyway I did this and put her back. I think I must have used the wrong strength powder though because it didnt work!
So back out she came and has been living once again quite happily by herself.
She comes to the house everyday and waits by the door for some bread. Shes a bit fussy though and doesnt seem to like the crusts!!


No comments:

Post a Comment