Wednesday 2 July 2014

How frustrating!

Well I'm a bit  miffed now! Its been ages since we had a chat, Ive just done a long missive to you and then the phone rang. It made me jump and somehow i clicked on the delete button and my Blog post disappeared. Forever!
So here we go again..... Long time no see. Since I became a Harrogate Borough Councillor 2 years ago my life, which was busy before, has become even busier. I dont think I could ever have imagined so many meetings to attend. Even  meetings about meetings!! But hey ho, its interesting,  and if i can help a few people along the way then its worth it.
Having said that its not always interesting, sometimes  a bit boring, monotonous and v frustrating! However Ive just come off the Planning Committee, which was a huge undertaking so things may be a bit quieter but Ive been made a Member of the Board of Visit Harrogate and tourism being something very dear to me I look forward to that.
I had a call this morning from Ronnie Mullin, my web man and colleague from Farm Stay UK days, and he said Christine you must get back on your Blog otherwise theres no point in having it!!!
I was telling him that I run out of ideas for content and then went on to say the Kaiser Chiefs had been here and he said 'just get it on your website and Blog!!'. so Im doing as I was told( which doesnt happen often!!).
The website has been amended and heres the first blog post. Over the coming days and weeks I will get cracking again with this. I think theres a bit of news. Kaiser Chiefs, new Herdwick sheep, Dierdre Hen having a bad time, the barn renovations now completed, a marathon Charity Breakfast event, Tour de France passing by this sunday and our granary classroom all ready for use.
And it will be as we are having a Tour de France party in there on sunday afternoon!!
So watch this space.......

No comments:

Post a Comment